In the fall of 2005, Wake Forest Information Systems embarked on the nation’s first technology pilot program to test the efficacy of PocketPC phones on a college campus. MobileU™ was announced publicly on August 24, 2005. Read More.
Learn about and download cool stuff NOW
Wake Forest University’s Information Systems Department is hard at work developing new mobile solutions for faculty, staff, and students. The Wake Forest community has embraced mobility with students, faculty, staff and University departments contributing to the array of applications for the Wake Forest Community. Mobile computing is a key element of the collaborative nature of Wake Forest.
Here are some interesting applications and uses of mobile technology at the University:
- WFUPD Safer Campus
- Mobile Friendly Public Directory
- Wake Forest Apps (check out what’s available in App Stores)
- Campus Life App
- Ride the Wake
- Laundry View
- Tree Atlas
- WFUPit & Miller Center (in development)
- Wake Radio (in development)
- Wakeforestsports.com Mobile Apps
- Verbal Victor – Speaking up for people with disabilities
Stay tuned to learn about the integration of MobileU™ into Wake Forest University technology initiatives.